Thursday 31 December 2009

Originally intended for facebook

To those who are in the group "save Top Gear" I would say that as a TG fan and a telly person that although it's a great thing, sooner or later they will run out of ideas and the whole thing will die a slow death. Already they are beginning to struggle to be fresh and entertaining. It will end one day - don't think that this is nasty BBC taking away what you guys like, it's more the producers running out of steam - This is why Dr Who took a year off with only 4 specials this year. In other words a campaign to save a TV programme, wether public owned or not, is futile I'm afraid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One suggestion for the producers, get back to reporting on cars.

Anonymous said...

I started watching Top Gear quite recently. It's entertaining fluff. At first, I was quite amused and enjoyed it, but these days, it's just the same juvenile nonsense repeated ad nauseum, the jokes are predictable, and the pranks about as funny and original as farts.

So the thing which is really beside the point - the cars - becomes more important. And all of the cars are cars for rich berks. If I want to spend an hour staring at stuff I'll never be able to afford, then why would it be cars? I could just as well stare at footage of business jets, Caribbean islands for sale, or Playboy bunnies...